EC-Council Membership Fees
Just over a year ago, EC-Council announced that they were going to introduce a membership fee from 1st January 2016. This is to continue the development and value of the EC-Council certification credentials. All certified members are required to pay the annual membership fee.
The benefits for members certified, or recertified, from 1st January 2016 onwards who continue to keep their certification active are as follows:
- You will be eligible to receive one free certification voucher upon completion of your latest ECE cycle, with values ranging from $125 to $650 at the time of publication.
- You will also be eligible to receive exclusive discounts to attend various EC-Council Events such as Hacker Halted
- Eligibility to receive a discount on additional EC-Council certification programs and materials.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have certified prior to 1st January 2016, will I need to pay the fee?
Not for your current cycle of certification status.
Your membership fee cycle will only begin once you recertify and your due date will be at the end of that annual cycle. If you undertake a new EC-Council Certification (in addition to an existing one), your membership fee due date will be calculated as per FAQ 2
2. When will my fee become due if I pass the exam today?
Your membership cycle will begin one month after the exam is passed and fees are due at the end of that 12 month period.
3. How do I pay the fee?
Fees are payable to the members Aspen Account, instructions are available here on how to pay. Check the certification area on your Aspen account. Credit card payments only.
4. I have more than one EC-Council Certification, do I need to pay multiple membership fees?
No, you only need to pay a single membership fee. CCISO or LPT certified members will just continue to pay the annual fee for these respective certifications.
5. Does payment of Membership Fees negate the requirement to recertify?
No, you are required to fulfil the requirements of the ECE policy - see ECE Policy and pay the annual membership fees
6. How much is the fee?
For certified members who hold certifications that require continuing education (ECE), the annual membership fee is USD $80. This applies to all certifications with prefix 212 ,312,412, 512 and all CAST certifications (with the exceptions of the C|CISO and LPT credentials – see FAQ 4 above).
For certified members who do not hold certifications that require continuing education, the annual membership fee is USD $20. This applies to all certifications with prefix 112.