This role involves developing business opportunities and representing our business to the highest standard to government clients including the ADF.
DDLS is Australia’s leading Information and Communications Technology training provider. We are proud to be Microsoft’s only Gold Partner in Training in the Asia-Pacific region, and Google’s only National Authorised Training Partner.
We have been changing futures for over 27 years now, enabling our government clients to successfully deploy technology, effectively manage processes, and deliver quality service, and make their career dreams a reality. With offices nationwide, we offer an extensive range of authorised technical training from Microsoft, Google, Cisco, VMware, Citrix, IT Security & Mobile App development, as well as our Professional Development programs.
We are looking for a driven Business Development Manager with expertise in working with government clients and in particular, the Department of Defence. This role involves identifying opportunities within our current government clients and reviewing and creating RFT responses. You will successfully convert leads from our existing projects as well as generating new opportunities and clients. To be competent in this role you will be KPI orientated, have a proven ability to negotiate, and be solution focused.
You will possess expert knowledge and a proven track record, and we would expect you to:
- Develop new opportunities and relationships that come into the early stages of the pipeline
- Work in collaboration with our Defence project team to understand the opportunities and tailor next steps accordingly
- Manage the pipeline to ensure monthly sales targets are achieved
- Have exposure to, and knowledge of, the ICT sector, and be following industry trends locally and internationally
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Submit regular progress reports and ensure data is accurate
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met
What we are looking for in candidates for this job:
- Experience within government agencies at an AO6 level
- Minimum 5 years business development experience selling into government
- Extensive experience in the ADF
- Understanding of the IT ecosystem and/or training implementation/rollout for systems project.
- Knowledge of SAP would be preferred
- Exposure working with a sales framework and sales process
- Stakeholder management
- Previous experience working with CRM’s
- Knowledge of using sales methodologies to enhance the customer experience
- Understanding of performance metrics
This role requires the applicants to hold an active security clearance (minimum baseline) and be an Australian Citizen
Our shared values drive our success… We are One DDLS, we Win with Integrity, and we Live with Spirit. We believe that people are what make this company great,and are the key to our success into the future. As we continue to grow and develop as an organisation, we know that you will also grow and develop. We are sure that you will find your experience at DDLS to be rewarding, challenging, and meaningful. What is most important to us is our amazing culture, which is focused on growth and opportunity, and the creation of an engaging and fun work environment!
So we absolutely require our team to:
- Have a willingness to contribute ideas to make our delivery processes even better
- Demonstrate a thirst for knowledge and passion for your area of expertise
- Truly value our clients, our colleagues and our work environment, because it is the core of all we do
Are you passionate about the opportunity to develop relationships with clients all around Australia? If you answered yes, then we are the company for you. Are you ready to join our fun, exciting and fast paced team? Speak to us today to apply for this job!
- Business development opportunities for a strong relationship builder
- Represent a leading provider in IT Training Asia Pacific
- Previous AO6 experienced required