DDLS can help you maximise your technology investment through effective training, ensuring your organisation has the required skills to deploy and maintain the latest Microsoft software. We can advise on the right courses and help align training plans to certification.
IT positions are growing at a 13% annual growth rate, while more than two thirds of organisations plan on increasing their cloud usage over the next five years. As demand skyrockets, one of the main platforms companies turn to is Microsoft.
With a wide array of solutions, including Microsoft 365, Azure, and Dynamics 365, Microsoft is the go-to choice for many organisations throughout Australia.
Gaining Microsoft Certifications can have a significant impact on your career. Certified IT professionals receive promotions more than 50% faster than those who aren’t certified, while 35% say that earning a relevant Certification has led to higher earnings. In some cases, getting certified can result in professionals earning up to $15,000 more each year.
With more companies investing heavily into cloud computing, being certified is becoming essential to validating your skills and catching the attention of top employers. In fact, 93% of decision-makers say that Microsoft-certified employees bring more value to their organisation, making their teams more productive by helping to complete projects faster.
Beyond that, having Microsoft Certifications is an inherent confidence builder and can increase job satisfaction. 41% of IT professionals say it’s helped them earn respect, while 35% say they’ve become more enthusiastic about their career because of it.
Microsoft Training With DDLS
There are several reasons to complete your Microsoft training with DDLS:
- We have 25+ years of experience in Australian technology training
- We offer instruction on a robust list of Microsoft Certifications — whether you’re just starting out in your career or have several years of technical experience, there’s a relevant certification to help spark career growth
- Our training facilities are conveniently located throughout Australia in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, and more
- We offer industry certifications and are a partner of choice for Microsoft, becoming the first Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions in Australia
Job roles within Microsoft’s ecosystem can be broken down into four main categories:
- Developer: Works with data and AI primarily on Azure
- Administrator: Focuses on increasing operational efficiency and improving team collaboration, working on multiple platforms, including Office 365, OneDrive, and Teams
- Solutions Architect: Geared toward network, storage, and security solutions and trains mostly on Azure certifications
- Functional Consultant: Microsoft 365-centric training, focusing on improving the customer experience
In terms of complexity, Certifications are issued according to three main levels:
- Fundamental Certifications: These are designed for those just starting out in IT and don’t require any prerequisites
- Associate Certifications: For those who already possess a base level of IT skills and have two years of comprehensive working experience
- Expert Certifications: For IT professionals with two to five years of deep technical experience
How do I register for a Microsoft certification exam?
Simply select your exam, sign in with Microsoft, and follow the prompts to register.
How much does a Microsoft certification cost?
Expert and Associate exams typically cost US 165. Browse all exams to find the exam page, which includes the price of the exam.
Do Microsoft certification exams expire?
On December 15, 2020, Microsoft introduced a new approach to help learners stay current. Those who have an active certification expiring within six months can renew their certification annually – at no cost – by passing a renewal assessment on Microsoft Learn.
Approximately six months after role-based and specialty certifications have been in market, associated renewal assessments and collections of learning modules will be made available on Microsoft Learn. Renewal assessments will be updated in alignment with updates made to certification exams.
When you’re eligible to renew your certification, you’ll be notified via email linked with your Microsoft Certification ID (MCID). You will receive up to four email reminders before your certification expires. After you have renewed your certification, you’ll no longer receive reminders until it’s time to renew again.
If your certification expires, you must earn the certification again by passing the required exam(s).
What is the general Microsoft Certification exam retake policy?
If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, the candidate must wait at least 24 hours before retaking the exam.
If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait at least 14 days before retaking the exam a third time.
A 14-day waiting period is also imposed for the fourth and fifth subsequent exam retakes. A candidate may not take a given exam any more than five times per year (12 months).
Please click here for more Microsoft certification information.