VMware Certifications are a badge of honour, designed to validate your expertise and get you where you need to be – proficient today and future-proofed for tomorrow.
Attending authorised training is a requirement for VCP certification so choose from our list of VMware courses.
How do I register for a VMware certification exam?
Follow the steps below:
- Log in to your myLearn Account.
- Select your desired exam and click “Register Now”.
- For the first-time “Single Sign On” users, you will be shown a ‘User Information’ screen.
- Confirm that all information is accurate making sure your name exactly matches your Legal ID.
- Select ‘Confirm and Continue to’ which will then automatically sign you into your Pearson VUE account.
- Select ‘Schedule this Exam’.
- Select the language, location, date and time, and complete the payment process with Pearson VUE.
How much does a VMware certification cost?
You can access exam pricing information via your myLearn Account.
Do I need to take the qualifying class before I take the exam?
While you can take the class and the exam in any order, VMware recommends that you complete the course requirement prior to scheduling and taking the exam. By successfully taking and passing an exam, it does not imply that you have met the certification requirements in full.
Do VMware certifications expire?
As of 5 February 2019, VMware certifications do not have a mandatory recertification requirement. However, recertification is widely recognized in the IT industry and beyond as an important element of continuing professional growth. If your skills are not current, your certification loses value. Staying current on your certifications enhances your credibility and demonstrates a commitment to your career, your employer, and your customers.
What is VMware’s exam retake policy?
There is a seven (7) calendar day waiting period after all failed attempts for proctored VMware certification exams for these levels:
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)
For example, if a candidate fails the exam on 1 March, then they may retake the exam on 8 March or later.
Once a candidate passes a proctored exam, they cannot take that exam again until a new major exam revision is released.
Please click here for more Microsoft certification information.