Check Point Security Administration R77
$3300.00 (inc GST)
Check Point Security Administration R77.3 training provides an understanding of the basic concepts and skills necessary to configure Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades.
During this training course you will become proficient in the skills necessary to configure and manage Check Point Next Generation Firewalls.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Design and install a distributed environment and install a Security Gateway
- Create and configure network, host, and gateway objects
- Verify SIC establishment
- Create a basic rulebase in SmartDashboard
- Evaluate existing policies and optimise the rules
- Maintain the Security Management Server
- Use queries to monitor IPS and network traffic
- Use packet data to generate reports, troubleshoot system and security issues, and ensure network functionality
- Use SmartView Monitor to configure alerts
- Configure NAT rules on Web and Gateway servers
- Monitor remote Gateways using SmartUpdate
- Upgrade and attach product licenses using SmartUpdate
- Manage users and user access to the corporate LAN
- Use Identity Awareness to provide granular level access to network resources
- Acquire user information used by the Security Gateway to control access
- Define Access Roles for use in an Identity Awareness rule
- Implement Identity Awareness in the Firewall rulebase
- Configure certificate-based, site-to-site VPNs
- Configure permanent tunnels for remote access
- Configure VPN tunnel sharing
- Review the foundation of a query and build a custom query
- Introduction to Check Point Technology
- Deployment Platforms
- Introduction to the Security Policy
- Monitoring Traffic and Connections
- Network Address Translation
- Using SmartUpdate
- User Management and Authentication
- Identity Awareness
- Introduction to Check Point VPN
Lab Exercises include:
- Install and configure Security Management Servers and Security Gateways
- Apply commands in the Command Line Interface
- Working with Administrators and performing backups.
- Creating objects and rules
- Saving, installing and testing a Security Policy
- Defining new policies and combining them
- Creating DMZ related objects and rules
- Working with SmartView Tracker and SmartView Monitor
- Configuring and testing Hide and Static NAT
- Configuring and testing Identify Awareness
- Defining VPN domains and testing encryption
- Working with queries in SmartLog
Technicians who support, install, deploy or administer Check Point Software Blades should attend this course. This could include the following:
- System Administrators
- Support Analysts
- Security Managers
- Network Engineers
- Anyone seeking CCSA certification
We can also deliver and customise this training course for larger groups – saving your organisation time, money and resources. For more information, please contact us on 1800 853 276.
Persons attending this security training course should have general knowledge of TCP/IP, and working knowledge of Windows, UNIX, network technology and the internet.
Please note if you are not attending the course delivery at our Sydney, Brisbane or Perth location, the training will be delivered via telepresence.
The supply of this course by ACTE Pty Ltd (trading as DDLS) is governed by the booking terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before enrolling in this course, as enrolment in the course is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Please call DDLS on 1800 U LEARN (1800 853 276) or register your interest below.
DDLS has formed a partnership with Check Point to offer training on their behalf. This arrangement requires DDLS to provide your details and training information to Check Point.