Check Point Security Administrator R80
$3300.00 (inc GST)
The Check Point Security Administrator course provides an understanding of basic concepts and skills necessary to configure Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades.
This three-day course covers everything you need to start-up, configure and manage the daily operations of your Check Point infrastructure with R80.
Please note that whilst content for CCSA R80 is updated to R80 for Security Policy Management, content for Check Point Firewalls remains at R77.3 as do all labs.
- Describe the key elements of Check Point’s unified, secure management architecture.
- Interpret the concept of a firewall and understand the mechanisms used for controlling network traffic.
- Recognise SmartConsole features and functions.
- Understand Check Point deployment options.
- Describe the basic functions of the Gaia OS.
- Describe the elements of a unified security policy.
- Understand how traffic inspection takes place in a unified security policy.
- Summarise how administration roles and permissions assist in managing policy.
- Implement Check Point backup techniques.
- Recognise Check Point Security Solutions and Products and how they work to protect your network.
- Understand licensing and contract requirements for Check Point security products.
- Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine threats and recognise opportunities for performance improvements.
- Identify tools designed to respond quickly and efficiently to changes in gateways, tunnels, remote users and traffic flow patterns or security activities.
- Understand Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN deployments and VPN communities.
- Understand how to analyse and interpret VPN tunnel traffic.
- Recognise how to define users and user groups.
- Manage user access for internal and external users.
- Understand the basic concepts of ClusterXL technology and its advantages.
- Understand how to perform periodic administrator tasks as specified in administrator job descriptions.
- Introduction to Check Point Technology
- Security Policy Management
- Check Point Security Solutions and Licensing
- Traffic Visibility
- Basic Concepts of VPN
- Managing User Access
- Working with ClusterXL
- Administrator Task Implementation
- Defining roles and users in Gaia Portal
- Installing and navigating SmartConsole
- Configuring objects, rules, and settings to define a Security Policy
- Publishing database changes
- Installing and managing a remote Security Gateway
- Performing Hide and Static Network Address Translation
- Configuring Application Control and URL filtering Access Control policy layers.
- Working with multiple concurrent Administrators and testing permissions profiles.
- Working with Check Point licenses
- Viewing and maintaining logs
- Configuring a Virtual Private Network
- Providing User Access
- Working with Check Point clustering
- Producing Check Point reports
Technical professionals, who support, install, deploy or administer Check Point Software Blades.
We can also deliver and customise this training course for larger groups – saving your organisation time, money and resources. For more information, please contact us on 1800 853 276.
- General knowledge of TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or UNIX, network technology and the Internet
The supply of this course by ACTE Pty Ltd (trading as DDLS) is governed by the booking terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before enrolling in this course, as enrolment in the course is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Please call DDLS on 1800 U LEARN (1800 853 276) or register your interest below.