Check Point Security Engineering R77
$3300.00 (inc GST)
Learn to troubleshoot Check Point security systems! The Check Point Security Engineering training is an advanced 3-day course that teaches how to effectively build, modify, deploy and troubleshoot Check Point Security systems on the Gaia OS.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Perform a backup of a Security Gateway and Management Server.
- Upgrade a Management Server.
- Perform debugs on Firewall processes.
- Build, test, and troubleshoot a ClusterXL Load Sharing deployment, a ClusterXL High Availability deployment, a management HA deployment on an enterprise network.
- Configure SecureXL and CoreXL acceleration.
- Troubleshoot a VRRP deployment on an enterprise network.
- Configure User Directory to incorporate user information.
- Manage internal and external user access.
- Troubleshoot a site-to-site or certificate-based using IKEView, VPN log files, and command line debug tools.
- Optimise VPN performance and availability by using Link Selection and MEP solutions.
- Manage and test corporate VPN tunnels.
- Provide corporate level protection to mobile devices using Check Point Capsule.
- Identify the four steps of emulation.
- Review the methods in which the Anti-Virus and Anti-Bot software blades prevent malware and bot infections.
- Set up a Threat Prevention profile.
- Review IPS profile properties.
- Review the available IPS protections and manipulate the action taken on packets when they match a threat.
- Generate reports on specific network traffic using SmartReporter and SmartEvent.
- Upgrading Check Point Modules
- Advanced Firewall
- Clustering and Acceleration
- Advanced User Management
- Advanced IPSec VPN and Check Point Capsule
- Threat Prevention
- Intrusion Prevention
- Auditing and Reporting
Lab Exercises Include:
- Upgrading to Check Point R77.3
- Core CLI Elements of Firewall Administration
- Migrating to a Clustering Solution
- Security Management Server High Availability
- Configuring SmartDashboard to Interface with Active Directory
- Mobile Access with Check Point Capsule
- Reviewing Threat Prevention Settings and Protections
- Working with Anti-Bot & Anti-Virus
- Deploying Threat Emulation
- Understanding IPS Protections
- Working with IPS Profiles
- SmartEvent and SmartReporter
This course is designed for expert users and resellers who need to perform advanced deployment configurations of a security gateway. This could include the following:
- System Administrators
- Support Analysts
- Network Engineers
- Anyone seeking CCSE certification
We can also deliver and customise this training course for larger groups – saving your organisation time, money and resources. For more information, please contact us on 1800 853 276.
Successful completion of this security training course depends on knowledge of multiple disciplines related to network-security activities including UNIX and Windows operating systems, Certificate management,system administration, networking (TCP/IP) knowledge, and Check Point Security Administration course/CCSA Certification.
Please note if you are not attending the course delivery at our Sydney, Brisbane or Perth location, the training will be delivered via telepresence.
The supply of this course by ACTE Pty Ltd (trading as DDLS) is governed by the booking terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before enrolling in this course, as enrolment in the course is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Please call DDLS on 1800 U LEARN (1800 853 276) or register your interest below.
Course Registration Notes
DDLS has formed a partnership with Check Point to offer training on their behalf. This arrangement requires DDLS to provide your details and training information to Check Point.