$4070.00 (inc GST)
The CompTIA Security+ five-day training course will validate that you have the knowledge and skills required to identify risk, to participate in risk mitigation activities, and to provide infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. In addition, you will learn how to apply security controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability, identify appropriate technologies and products, troubleshoot security events and incidents, and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations.
On course completion, students will be able to:
- Identify network attack strategies and defenses.
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies.
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products.
- Identify network- and host-based security technologies and practices.
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced.
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.
Module 1 - Security Threats and Controls
- Security Controls
- Threats and Attacks
- Network Attacks
- Assessment Tools and Techniques
Module 2 - Cryptography and Access Control
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Password Authentication
- Strong Authentication
- Authorization and Account Management
Module 3 - Network Security
- Secure Network Design
- Security Appliances and Applications
- Wireless Network Security
- VPN and Remote Access Security
- Network Application Security
Module 4 - Host, Data, and Application Security
- Host Security
- Data Security
- Web Services Security
- Web Application Security
- Virtualization and Cloud Security
Module 5 - Operational Security
- Site Security
- Mobile and Embedded Device Security
- Risk Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Incident Response and Forensics
- Security Policies and Training
CompTIA Security+ is aimed at IT professionals with job roles such as security architect, security engineer, security consultant/specialist, information assurance technician, security administrator, systems administrator, and network administrator.
We can also deliver and customise this training course for larger groups – saving your organisation time, money and resources. For more information, please contact us on 1800 853 276.
Ideally, students should have successfully completed CompTIA Network+ certification and have around 24 months' experience of networking support.
It is not necessary that students pass the CompTIA Network+ exam before completing CompTIA Security+ training, but this is recommended.
Regardless of whether students have passed CompTIA Network+, it is recommended that they have the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Know the function and basic features of the components of a PC.
- Use Windows to create and manage files and use basic administrative features (Explorer, Control Panel and Management Consoles).
- Basic network terminology (such as OSI Model, Topology, Ethernet, TCP/IP).
- TCP/IP addressing, core protocols, and troubleshooting tools.
The supply of this course by ACTE Pty Ltd (trading as DDLS) is governed by the booking terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before enrolling in this course, as enrolment in the course is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.