$4070.00 (inc GST)
This course will teach you the fundamental principles of installing and configuring cybersecurity controls and participating in incident response and risk mitigation. It will prepare you to take the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam by providing 100% coverage of the objectives and content examples listed on the syllabus. Study of the course can also help to build the prerequisites to study more advanced IT security qualifications, such as CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA)+, CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), and ISC’s CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional).
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify strategies developed by cyber adversaries to attack networks and hosts and the countermeasures deployed to defend them.
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies.
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products. § Install and configure network- and host-based security technologies.
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced.
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.
- Summarize application and coding vulnerabilities and identify development and deployment methods designed to mitigate them.
Module 1 - Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities
- Indicators of Compromise
- Critical Security Controls
- Security Posture Assessment Tools
- Incident Response
Module 2 - Identity and Access Management
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Identification and Authentication
- Identity and Access Services
- Account Management
Module 3 - Architecture and Design (1)
- Secure Network Design
- Firewalls and Load Balancers
- IDS and SIEM
- Secure Wireless Access
- Physical Security Controls
Module 4 - Architecture and Design (2)
- Secure Protocols and Services
- Secure Remote Access
- Secure Systems Design
- Secure Mobile Device Services
- Secure Virtualization and Cloud Services
Module 5 - Risk Management
- Disaster Recovery and Resiliency
- Risk Management
- Secure Application Development
- Organizational Security
CompTIA Security+ is aimed at IT professionals with job roles such as security engineer, security consultant / specialist, information assurance technician, junior auditor / penetration tester, security administrator, systems administrator, and network administrator.
We can also deliver and customise this training course for larger groups – saving your organisation time, money and resources. For more information, please contact us on 1800 853 276.
To get started with this course, you should have successfully completed the CompTIA Network+ course and obtained the Network+ certification, and / or have around 24 months' experience of networking support or IT administration.
It is not necessary that you pass the Network+ exam before completing Security+ certification, but it is recommended.
Specifically, it is recommended that you have the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Know the function and basic features of the components of a PC.
- Use Windows Server OS to create and manage files and use basic administrative features (Explorer, Control Panel, Server Manager, and Management Consoles).
- Operate the Linux OS using basic command-line tools.
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as OSI Model, Topology, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, switches, routers).
- Understand TCP/IP addressing, core protocols, and troubleshooting tools.
The supply of this course by DDLS is governed by the booking terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before enrolling in this course, as enrolment in the course is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.