EC-Council Certified Secure Computer User
$2310.00 (inc GST)
In today’s security landscape, this course is essential training for all who use computers in the workplace. Learn why keeping your data secure is so important and how to keep your devices and data secure – both online and offline.
Please note that exam vouchers are included with EC-Council courses. Exams are not taken at the conclusion of the course. Exam candidates are required to book their exam after completion of the course. EC-Council Exam vouchers must be redeemed within six months of attending your course at DDLS.
Abridged, blended seminar style/e-courseware delivery of this course is available for whole company security compliance training. Please enquire for more information.
- Understand the need and importance of data security
- Understand malware and what it looks like on your computer
- Learn to identify threats that emails sent to your inbox may hold
- Learn how to protect and backup your data
- Understand risks involved in online activities
- Learn how to identify safe websites
- Understand some common pitfalls associated with social networking sites and how you can make your accounts secure
- Learn how to choose an antivirus relevant to your needs
- Understand how to secure web browsers
Introduction to Data Security
- Why is data security so important?
- Current threats to data security
- What losses does data security help address?
- How to implement security
Securing Operating Systems
- Passwords – best practice
- Screen locks
- Securing Windows
- Securing OSX
- What is it?
- What should I be looking out for?
Security on Social Networking Sites
- Social engineering
- Twitter security
- How to secure against threats
Securing Mobile Devices
- Threats to devices
- Security concepts
- Security procedures
- How to secure iPhone and iPad
- How to secure Android
- How to secure Windows
- Mobile security tools
Securing the Cloud
- Threats to cloud security
- Safeguarding against cloud security threats
- Privacy issues
- How to choose your cloud service provider
Securing Network Connections
Data Backup and Disaster Recovery
All end-users of computers and mobile devices.
We can also deliver and customise this training course for larger groups – saving your organisation time, money and resources. For more information, please contact us on 1800 853 276.
Basic computer skills
The supply of this course by ACTE Pty Ltd (trading as DDLS) is governed by the booking terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before enrolling in this course, as enrolment in the course is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Please call DDLS on 1800 U LEARN (1800 853 276) or register your interest below.