EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
$5225.00 (inc GST)
Learn how to conduct real-life penetration tests. This is an intensive, hands-on course focussed on building the practical competencies of attendees.
Prior to being able to sit the ECSA exam, you must conduct a detailed penetration test through the EC-Council Cyber Range iLabs environment. Should you successfully complete this stage, you will then submit a written report that will be graded by EC-Council. Our instructors will take you through the core concepts of conducting a penetration test based on EC-Councils penetration testing methodology and demonstrate a proven report writing process. You have 30 days from activation of your iLabs (day one of the course) to complete the penetration testing activities and then a further 30 days to submit your report. Should you require extra time, you may at your own expense, extend your access to iLabs. Please note that you may only purchase this extension within 60 days from the date your ECSA Dashboard is activated. Please click here for further details.
Exams are not taken at the conclusion of the course. Candidates that submit penetration testing reports to the required standards will be provided with exam vouchers for the multiple choice exam. Exam candidates are required to book into the EC-Council Exam Test Centre to take the exam after successful completion of the penetration test report. You must sit the exam within 90 days of receiving your exam voucher. You will not be charged by DDLS for sitting the exam with us however you will need to purchase your retake voucher from EC-Council for the Penetration Test Report and/or the exam should you not succeed at first attempt. Exam retake sessions will incur a fee after the second attempt.
Please note there are strict conditions applied to attendance at EC-Council Certified Security Analyst courses. On the first day of the course, students are required to sign a Liability Agreement form. A copy of this form and relevant links may be found here.
The ECSA course will provide you with hands-on testing experience – focussing on how to test modern infrastructures, operating systems and application environments. You will learn how to document and write a penetration testing report. This course includes access to EC-Council iLabs.
The ECSA course is a fully hands-on program. The exercises cover real world scenario. By practicing the skills that are provided to you in the ECSA class, you are brought up to speed with the latest threats that organisations may be vulnerable to.
This can be achieved with the EC-Council iLabs cyber range. It allows students to dynamically access a host of Virtual Machines preconfigured with vulnerabilities, exploits, tools, and scripts from anywhere with an internet connection.
The simplistic web portal enables you to launch an entire range of target machines and access them remotely with one simple click. It is the most cost effective, easy to use, live range lab solution available.
With iLabs, lab exercises can be accessed 24x7 allowing you to practice skills in a safe, fully functional network anytime it’s convenient.
The guided step-by-step labs include exercises with detailed tasks, supporting tools, and additional materials as well as state-of-the-art “Open Environment” allowing you to launch a complete live range open for any form of hacking or testing.
Available target machines are completely virtualized allowing these to be controled and reset quickly and easily without administrator or instructor interaction
The ECSA course and certification will set you on the path toward achieving LPT certification. For details on LPT application see LPT Application.
Please note that the LPT element is only available through EC-Council directly.
Covered in class:
- Security Analysis and Penetration Testing Methodologies
- TCP IP Packet Analysis
- Pre-Penetration Testing Steps
- Information Gathering Methodology
- Vulnerability Analysis
- External Network Penetration Testing Methodology
- Internal Network Penetration Testing Methodology
- Firewall Penetration Testing Methodology
- IDS Penetration Testing Methodology
- Web Application Penetration Testing Methodology
- SQL Penetration Testing Methodology
- Database Penetration Testing Methodology
- Wireless Network Penetration Testing Methodology
- Mobile Devices Penetration Testing Methodology
- Cloud Penetration Testing Methodology
- Report Writing and Post Test Actions
- Password Cracking Penetration Testing
- Router and Switches Penetration Testing
- Denial of Service Penetration Testing
- Stolen Laptop, PDAs and Cell Phones Penetration Testing
- Source Code Penetration Testing
- Physical Security Penetration Testing
- Surveillance Camera Penetration Testing
- VoIP Penetration Testing
- VPN Penetration Testing
- Virtual Machine Penetration Testing
- War Dialling
- Virus and Trojan Detection
- Log Management Penetration Testing
- File Integrity Checking
- Telecommunication and Broadband Communication Penetration Testing
- Email Security Penetration Testing
- Security Patches Penetration Testing
- Data Leakage Penetration Testing
- SAP Penetration Testing
- Standards and Compliance
- Information System Security Principles
- Information System Incident Handling and Response
- Information System Auditing and Certification
Ethical Hackers, Penetration Testers, Firewall Administrators, Network Server Administrators
We can also deliver and customise this training course for larger groups – saving your organisation time, money and resources. For more information, please contact us on 1800 853 276.
EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker course or equivalent knowledge is strongly recommended prior to attending the ECSA. ECSA course content assumes you have the knowledge and skills about hacking tools and techniques covered in CEH. Only advanced tools are covered during ECSA class time – 90% of class time is spent detailing Penetration Test methodology.
The supply of this course by DDLS is governed by the booking terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before enrolling in this course, as enrolment in the course is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.