At the completion of this course you should be able to:
- understand some of the wider implications of working with computers
- understand many of the general concepts of computing such as hardware, software, types of computers and the like
- explain the various hardware components of the computer
- understand the various types of software
- work with the basic components of the Windows 8.1 interface
- work with Windows Store apps
- work with desktop windows
- understand data storage and navigate your computer’s drives, folders and files
- navigate the folder hierarchy and work with folders
- manage files on your computer
- understand the history of word processing and the types of documents that can be word-processed
- understand some of the key underlying concepts of spreadsheets
- understand some of the theoretical aspects of the internet
- use Internet Explorer to access the internet, search for and locate information
- understand and conduct effective searches of the internet
- create and work with emails in Outlook
This course is designed for users who are keen to gain an understanding and knowledge of the use of computers.
We can also deliver and customise this training course for your organisation. For more information, please contact us on 1800 853 276.
This course assumes little or no knowledge of Windows 8.1 and Office 2013.