On completion of this course students should be able to:
- Understand the Word object model and VBA concepts
- Work effectively with the main features of the VBA Editor window
- Create procedures in VBA
- Create and use variables
- Create and work with user-defined functions
- Use programming techniques to control the action taken by your program
- Construct loops that repeat code according to different requirements
- Identify and select specific text using code modules
- Create and use code to undertake basic file management tasks
- Create a custom form complete with an assortment of controls
- Create code to drive a user form
- Write a variety of error handling routines
- Use VBA code to display and use Word’s built-in dialog boxes
This course is designed for people who wish to learn how to use the inbuilt VBA programming language in Microsoft Word to enhance their documents and automate processes.
This course assumes the learner has a good knowledge of working with Word. The learner should be able to create and edit different kinds of documents and must also have a general understanding of personal computers and the Windows operating system environment and be able to use Windows Explorer to locate and copy files.