Module 1: Introduction to Azure Cosmos DB
Describe the purpose and architecture of Cosmos DB.
- Review of NoSQL database structures
- Migrating data and applications to Cosmos DB
- Managing data in Cosmos DB
Lab : Creating and using a SQL API database in Cosmos DB
- Creating and configuring a Cosmos DB database
- Migrating data from a Mongo DB database to Cosmos DB
- Using the SQL API to access data
- Protecting data in a Cosmos DB database
Module 2: Designing and Implementing SQL API Database Applications
This module describes how to design documents and collections to meet business requirements, and how to use the SQL API to build applications that use these documents.
- Document models in Cosmos DB
- Querying data in a SQL API database
- Querying and maintaining data programmatically
Lab : Designing and implementing SQL API database applications
- Design the document structure & partitioning strategy for the product catalog for the retail system
- Importing product catalog data
- Querying product catalog information
- Maintaining stock levels in the product catalog
Module 3: Implementing Server Side Operations
Describe how to create user-defined functions, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Server-side programming with Cosmos DB
- Creating and using stored procedures
- Using triggers to maintain data integrity
Lab : Writing user-defined functions, stored procedures and triggers
- Design and implement the document and collection structure
- Implement the shopping cart functionality in the online retail system.
- Extend the online retail system to create orders from the items in a shopping cart.
- Extend the online retail system further to enable customers to view orders and backorders.
Module 4: Optimizing and monitoring performance
Describe how to optimize a database, and how to monitor performance.
- Optimizing database performance
- Monitoring the performance of a database
Lab : Tuning a database and monitoring performance
- Gathering execution statistics
- Examining how the different consistency models can impact throughput and latency
- Investigate the effects of triggers on performance
- Monitoring performance and tuning the partition key
Module 5: Designing and Implementing a Graph Database
This module describes how to create efficient graph database models using Cosmos DB.
- Graph database models in Cosmos DB
- Designing Graph database models for efficient operation
Lab : Designing and implementing a Graph database
- Implementing a recommendations engine for customers
- Recording product purchase information
- Query a Graph database to obtain analytics
Module 6: Querying and Analyzing Big Data with Cosmos DB
This module describes how to use Azure Search and HDInsight with Cosmos DB to query and analyze big data.
- Integrating Cosmos DB with Azure search to optimize queries
- Analyzing data in a Cosmos DB database using Apache Spark
- Visualizing data in a Cosmos DB database
Lab : Querying and Analyzing Big Data with Cosmos DB
- Extending product search capabilities
- Performing end-of-month processing
- Visualizing sales data
- Exploring sales data
Module 7: Implementing Stream Processing with Cosmos DB
This module describes how to use Cosmos DB as a source and sink for streaming data.
- Working with the Cosmos DB change feed
- Integrating Cosmos DB into streaming solutions
Lab : Using Cosmos DB with stream processing
- Handling orders
- Maintaining stock analytic data
- Displaying rolling revenue for a given time period