Automate installation with Kickstart
- Automate the installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with Kickstart.
Use regular expressions with grep
- Write regular expressions that, when partnered with grep, will allow you to quickly isolate or locate content within text files.
Create and Edit text files with vim
- Introduce the vim text editor, with which you can open, edit, and save text files.
Schedule future Linux tasks
- Schedule tasks to automatically execute in the future.
Manage priority of Linux processes
- Influence the relative priorities at which Linux processes run.
Control access to files with access control lists (ACL)
- Manage file security using POSIX access control lists.
Manage SELinux security
- Manage the Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) behaviour of a system to keep it secure in case of a network service compromise.
Connect to network-defined users and groups
- Configure systems to use central identity management services.
Add disks, partitions, and file systems to a Linux system
- Manage simple partitions and file systems.
Manage logical volume management (LVM) storage
- Manage logical volumes from the command line.
Access networked attached storage with network file system (NFS)
- Access (secure) NFS shares.
Access networked storage with SMB
- Use autofs and the command line to mount and unmount SMB file systems.
Control and troubleshoot the Red Hat Enterprise Linux boot process
Limit network communication with firewall
- Configure a basic firewall.
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in this course.