- What is Capability-Based Planning (CBP)?
- What is Capability?
- What challenges may be addressed using CBP?
- What is an Anchor Model?
Engaging Stakeholders and Eliciting Concerns
- Creating Stakeholders Maps
- Principles for engaging and facilitating with Stakeholders
Strategic Planning and Business Architecture
- What is Business Architecture and the relationship between Business Architecture and Enterprise Architecture?
- Three principles of Business Architecture
- The value of Business Architecture
- What parts of a business can be modelled by Business Architecture?
- The relationship between Business Architecture and Strategy Planning and Projects
- Strategy Mapping
- Business Architecture Maps and how they can be used to define and operationalise strategy
Case Study Introduction
Strategy Mapping and Business Motivation Model (BMM)
- What is a BMM?
- Strategic concepts formalised in BMM
- What is a Business Model?
- The value of business modelling
- Modelling a business
- What is a Strategic Business Model?
- Elements of Business Model Canvas
- Value-Discipline models
- Value Chains
- The difference between Value Chains and Process
- Steps for defining a value chain
- Creating a value chain definition
Capability Mapping and Business Capability Model (BCM)
- What is a BCM? Key elements
- What is Capability?
- The value of defining business capabilities and mapping a BCM
- Capability Mapping – the process
- Different approaches to Capability Mapping
- Core and Supporting Capabilities
- Guidelines for identifying and defining capabilities
- Capability Catalogues
Introduction to Overlays/Views
- Different overlays
- Data points and insights
Strategic Analyses – Pain Points View
- What is a Pain Points View?
- How to analyse Pain Points
Strategic Analyses – Maturity View
- What are Maturity Views?
- Capability Maturity Models and how to measure
- Determine the measure of the future/strategic target maturity of a list of capabilities
- Step-gaps between maturity states
Strategic Analyses – Projects View
- What is a Projects View?
- How to analyse Project Impact on Capability Maturity
Strategic Analyses – Strategic View
- What is a Strategic View?
- How do you measure strategic importance
- Using BMM/BCM to identify capabilities with strategic priority
Concerns – View Point: Strategic x Maturity
Concerns – View Point: Future Maturity View
Concerns – View Point: Strategic x Maturity x Inflight Projects
Concerns – View Point: Current Maturity x Projects x Pain Points
Transition Planning and Roadmapping
- What is a transition plan?
- Models used to determine which changes to execute
- Looking for opportunities
- Roadmaps and the concerns addressed
Presenting the Strategy
- What makes an effective presentation?
- Provide a presentation in a group using BMM
- How maps are used to operationalise strategy