This course requires completion of one of the following prerequisites:
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5] course
- Completion of the VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage [V6.6] course or equivalent experience with
- Experience working with linux command line interfaces.
The course presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client for common operations
- Create and manage VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts, and virtual machines
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Modify a distributed switch
- Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
- Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
If you cannot complete all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5] and VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage [V6.6] courses before enrolling in VMware vSAN: Troubleshooting.