Advice in relation to the COVID-19 Coronavirus
As the Coronavirus outbreak dominates headlines globally, we continue to closely monitor the situation.
As an educational institution, DDLS is classified as an essential service by the Australian Government and can effectively maintain face-to-face delivery, albeit with modified delivery practices – adhering to social distancing and hygiene regulations. Despite this Government advice, and for the health and safety of our employees, students, trainers and partners, DDLS will be transitioning all face-to-face courses to remote delivery, week commencing 30th March 2020.
The good news is that the vast majority of DDLS courses can be delivered virtually, so we foresee minimal impact to any booked or planned training, and we will do our utmost to accommodate your requirements.
For a small number of special cases, we can accommodate on-campus training, and with this in mind, we have introduced temporary changes and will continue to be guided by the relevant Federal and State Government authorities in relation to the delivery of face-to-face training on campus. At the same time, it is vital that we continue to support DDLS’s customers and partners in this dynamic environment.
We re-iterate, all Government advice to date has not impacted our ability to continue to deliver face-to-face training albeit with slight modifications:
- Students attending courses in person are now seated at least 1.5m apart and the maximum number of participants per class has been reduced to allow for this
- We have introduced a no handshake policy
- An increased number of hand sanitisers has been placed around each campus and rubbish bins are provided in each classroom
- We will continue with our increased cleaning regime across all campus facilities
- Lunch breaks have been staggered to minimise people in communal hospitality areas
- A cap of one person per four square metres at each campus (as currently recommended but not yet mandated by Australia’s Chief Medical Officer)
As per the Government’s most current guidelines and for the safety of all students and staff we ask:
- If you are displaying any flu–like symptoms – no matter how mild, we request that you do not attend classes at any DDLS campus
- If you have been in close contact with a proven case of Coronavirus, we ask that you do not attend a DDLS campus for 14 days from the date of last contact with the confirmed case
- If you have been overseas, we ask that you do not attend a DDLS campus for 14 days from the date of arrival in Australia
DDLS. Anywhere You Need Us To Be.
With Virtual Instructor-led Training, we can ensure you and your business maintains momentum by providing training in the skills you and your workforce need right now, delivered to your home or office.
DDLS has successfully been delivering Virtual Instructor-led Training to thousands of students for over 6 years via our market-leading telepresence technology, DDLS Anywhere. Enable your employees to remotely attend classes in full HD Video and audio, creating a virtual classroom experience from anywhere.
The DDLS team have maximised the full capacity of our telepresence offering, with the vast majority of publicly scheduled courses now available via Virtual Instructor-led training. We continue to foresee a minimal impact on any planned or booked training – even in the possible scenario of a complete lock-down.
We have already successfully transitioned many classes to Telepresence and will continue to adapt to cater to your needs in a virtual environment.
To help you stay healthy, we suggest you follow these simple tips from the World Health Organisation on how to reduce your risk of getting sick. Given the fluid situation globally, we believe keeping you informed is key. If you are unsure about any information provided above, or need to change your booking to telepresence, please contact our Customer Care Centre here.
We appreciate your continued support.