Delivery modalities provided by DDLS
DDLS can provide training at DDLS training centres, a client’s workplace, or other locations. Our learning solution is delivered using our pool of facilitators, trainers and coaches. Our training centres are centrally located in the six major capital cities in Australia.
Delivery modalities provided by DDLS include:
- Traditional classroom delivery (Instructor Led Training or ILT)
- Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
- Hybrid VILT delivery
- DDLS Anywhere©
- Blended learning
Instructor Led Training
Instructor Led Training (ILT) provides hands-on learning under the guidance of a qualified instructor. With group sizes up to 12 students, the trainer can determine the learners’ needs – ensuring that the course is adapted and adjusted accordingly.
Benefits of ILT include:
- Allows for active interaction with the instructor
- Real-world application of theory
- Effective where topics are more complex with no right or wrong answer
- Suited to the use of analogies and experiential learning
- Interactive and participative with the ability to share experiences
Virtual Instructor Led Training
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) classes are virtually delivered instructor-led live training sessions that offer you the same benefit you would receive in attending one of our DDLS classroom training sessions. Students connect to the virtual classroom using their own computer and internet connection. By attending a VILT course, students reduce out-of-office time and attend at a location convenient for them.
Benefits of VILT include:
- Flexibility around providing a similar experience as facilitator led training, with live interaction, and experienced and qualified instructors
- Elimination of travel costs and accommodation
- Access to learning is available globally
- Learning can be delivered periodically to maintain engagement
What technology do I need?
- a computer with mouse and keyboard, and a second screen is a highly recommended option
- the required software installed on your computer
- a fixed telephone line with headset or USB computer headset (please test your headset to ensure the audio is working)
- a reliable high-speed internet connection (preferably not wireless)
We recommend the following pre-course actions to successfully attend your virtual learning session. These system tests will help to ensure the WebEx software works on your computer:
Troubleshooting: for WebEx issues please contact your IT department about allowing this site through your firewall.
Note: handheld phones, mobiles and built-in computer microphones are discouraged as quality and comfort may be compromised.
DDLS E-Learning is fully interactive, which means you do not have to have the application installed on your PC to attend the training. This is highly beneficial for organisations rolling out new software, and can increase user acceptance and productivity from the moment your implementation is completed.
E-learning is recommended where generic information, guidelines, best practice principles and software tools/applications are explained and demonstrated.
Benefits of e-learning include:
- Provides foundation knowledge for more value driven facilitator led workshops
- Course can easily be revisited if required
- Learning is available 24/7 globally
- Disruption to business is limited
- Could contribute to future induction process
- A participant’s learning pathway can be tracked and reported
A blended learning strategy of e-learning, instructor led and virtual training effectively integrates different modes of delivery and styles of learning to deliver cost effective outcomes.
For any further questions or queries please contact your DDLS Account Manager on 1800 U LEARN (1800 853 276) or email our Customer Care Centre.