The Professional Delivery Services offering within the DDLS Project Consulting Practice provides our valued clients with a mix of services that range from ad-hoc facilitation interventions to the full outsourcing of programme and project management.
Facilitation is a “helping role”. In Latin it means “to enable”. Facilitation is a way of providing leadership without taking the reins; it’s about designing and guiding a team through the process using effective models, tools and techniques, so that the team can make sense of problems or challenges and therein decide upon the content for their actions. If conflict arose within a team, a manager would provide the team with a solution to the problem and dish out action plans of what to do next. An instructor would provide the team with conflict management techniques, but may not necessarily help the team apply them to solve the problem; however, a good facilitator would work with the team to help them work through the conflict, so that they can discover the solutions for themselves.
The DDLS Facilitation Services include:
- Strategic Planning Workshops at both enterprise and individual operational unit level
- Programme and Project Start-Up Workshops using both traditional and agile methods
- Programme and Project Prioritisation Workshops
- Conflict Resolution Workshops
- Change and Transition Workshops
Programme and Project Administration and Governance Support Services
Designing, establishing, rolling out and running an Enterprise Programme Office, Project Office or Project Support Office can be both time consuming and thwart with challenges. Any form of programme or project office must have a clear strategic mandate, be well designed, effectively implemented and professionally managed if it is to be of any value to an enterprise that is wanting to build and mature its programme and project capabilities.
The DDLS Project Office Support Services include:
- Designing and implementing Enterprise Programme/Project Management Offices (EPMOs), Programme/Project Management Offices (PMOs) and Project Support Offices (PSOs)
- Designing and implementing programme and project management frameworks, methodologies and toolsets – PMBOK®, PRINCE2®, PRINCE2 Agile®, Agile Project Management, Microsoft® Enterprise Project Management (EPM) Server, Hybrid and Bespoke Frameworks and Methodologies
- Programme and Project Management Training and Development
- Programme and Project Management Coaching and Support
Programme and Project Management Resourcing (Contract and Permanent) Services
Programme Management is defined as the process of managing several related projects, often with the intention of delivering business change and realising strategic benefits. Project Management on the other hand is defined as the discipline of initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and delivering the work of a team to achieve specific business objectives within the constraints of time, cost, scope and quality. It is often the case that an organisation simply has too many programmes and projects underway in its portfolio at any one time and too few skilled and competent Programme and or Project Managers to plan, manage and deliver them.
The DDLS Programme and Project Management Resourcing Services is an on-demand service, a service that aims to either supplement, complement or take full responsibility for your programme or project initiative, when you can’t or don’t have the resources to. This contract services can be engaged for either short or long-term assignments. This service includes:
- Contract Programme Directors or Managers skilled in PMBOK, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, Agile Project Management, Lean or Lean Startup and Six Sigma
- Contract Project Managers skilled in either PMBOK, PRINCE2, Agile, Lean or Lean Startup and Six Sigma
- Contract Sub-Project Managers or Project Leaders skilled in PMBOK, PRINCE2, Agile, Lean or Lean Startup and Six Sigma
Programme and Project Office Support Services
One of the most time consuming yet critically important task for any programme or project manager is the upkeep of documentation and the logistical arrangements related to the successful delivery of programmes and projects. It is simply not cost effective to pay expensive programme and project managers to perform routine administration tasks that only serve to keep them away from spending the time and effort that is required to ensure the effective delivery of programme or project initiatives. This is where the DDLS Project Support Service comes in.
The DDLS Project Support Services can assist with all tasks that relate to the setting up, administration and governance of programmes and projects. These tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Programme and Project Office Setup
- Programme and Project Framework and Methodology Support – PMBOK, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, Agile Project Management, Lean, etc.
- Programme and Project Documentation and Tracking – Meeting Minutes, Filing Administration, Timesheet Administration, MSProject Updating, etc.
- Programme and Project Logistics – Meeting Scheduling, Contract Administration, Travel and Accommodation Coordination, etc.
Change and Transition Management Services
Failure rates of change initiatives, more particularly where change has achieved substantially less than the expected value of the change, has in recent times been reported to be as high as 70-80% (King and Peterson, 2007). There is a close relationship between the effectiveness of change management programmes and the proportion of projects meeting or exceeding objectives. Effective change management delivers improved speed of adoption, increased utilisation rates and greater employee proficiency, all stressing the very real importance of effective preparation for change, disciplined change management, clear reinforcement of the reasons for change and a careful transition from one business state to another.
The DDLS Change Management Services are not merely about the mechanical and transactional change tasks one would place on a programme or project plan, like training and awareness sessions. The focus is more about changing hearts and minds, so that the change initiative is embedded within the very stakeholders that will experience and have to endure the change curve. When people feel they are part of the journey of change, rather than the victims of change, then organisations stand to reap the greatest benefits.
The DDLS Change Management Services include:
- Designing Change Programs
- Implementing Change Programs
- Placing of Change Managers to work alongside appointed internal or external Programme and Project Managers
- Change Curve Assessments