The Training and Development Services offering within DDLS Project Consulting Practice provides our valued clients with a mix of services that range from customising industry best practice training programs like PMBOK®, PRINCE2®, PRINCE2 Agile®, Agile Project Management, Facilitation and Change Management etc. to suit the specific programme and project needs of an organisation, all the way through to conducting programme and project management competency assessments so as to identify areas of strength and areas requiring further programme and project development.
Customising standard vanilla programme and project management courseware to suite the specific training needs of staff members, is a value-adding way of blending industry best practise with the unique programme and project management practises of an organisation. Ensuring that the programme and project management course customisation effort does not dilute industry standards and certification requirements, nor infringe on copyright is a very important consideration.
The DDLS Customised Training Services include:
- Gathering up specific programme and project requirements that may be required to be incorporated into the standard vanilla programme and or project management courseware
- Scoping out the customisation effort
- Project managing the customisation effort
- Delivery of the customised programme and or project management courseware either on or off-site
Bespoke Training and Development Service
Designing, developing and delivering bespoke programme and project management training courseware to suit the specific needs of the sponsoring organisation, is an effective way of educating staff in an organisation’s specific programme and project management practises. Ensuring that the bespoke courseware design and development efforts reflect the specific programme and or project management methodologies, frameworks, role definitions, structures and related tools and techniques of the organisation, is important to ensure a consistent and coherent practice across the organisation and within the various teams responsible for sponsoring, leading, managing and engaging in portfolio, programme and project delivery.
The DDLS Bespoke Training and Development Service includes:
- Gathering up specific and unique programme and project requirements that are required to be developed and structured into a training course or development program for the organisation
- Scoping out the bespoke effort
- Project managing the bespoke effort
- Delivery of the bespoke programme and or project management courseware either on or off-site
Post Training Coaching and Support Service
Providing delegates who have received programme and/or project management related training and development with post training coaching and support services, is an important way of ensuring that the organisation realises a strong return on its training investment. Providing staff with post training coaching and support helps to build a person’s confidence in using and applying the programme and project management methodologies, frameworks, tools and techniques that they have been trained in. This not only benefits their personal growth, but also the delivery of the organisation’s programmes and projects that the staff member/s have been entrusted to deliver.
Post training coaching and support is a service that relies on a symbiotic relationship between the staff member/s receiving the coaching and support, the coach who is providing the service and the organisation who has a specific objective it wishes to realise from such a service provision. At DDLS our Coaches are not only professional trainers, they are also skilled practitioners and have been responsible for planning, managing and delivering programmes and projects of work and have passion for giving back through the coaching and supporting of others.
The DDLS Post Training Coaching and Support Service includes:
- Gathering up specific post training coaching and support requirements
- Project managing the post training coaching and support effort
- Production and presentation of coaching and support report covering aspects relating to observations and further possible training and development
- Scoping out the post training coaching and support that may include coverage of areas such as:
- Use of methodology, framework, tools and techniques needing specific coaching support, i.e. PMBOK, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, Agile Project Management, MS Project®, etc.
- Programme and project lifecycle (initiating, planning, delivering, monitoring and controlling and close-out)
- Leadership and interpersonal interaction (including Executive interaction)
- Reporting and presentation
- Conflict management
- Programme and project governance
- Coaching KPIs
Competency Assessment and Capability Development Services
Competency is defined as the combination of knowledge, skill and attitude a person displays when it comes to taking responsibility for the planning, managing and delivering of a programme or project. Development is the ongoing effort put in by both the individual and the organisation to develop the required competencies that will help the organisation achieve its strategic objectives through the planning, managing and delivering of programme and project initiatives. Programme and Project Management competencies can be identified and developed at various responsibility levels in an organisation. These levels can be at Programme or Project Sponsor, Programme Director, Programme Manager, Project Manager and Project Leader grades. DDLS is able to conduct competency assessments in order to determine the current state of an individual’s, team’s or group’s programme and or project management competencies, in order to identify areas of strength and areas requiring further development.
Our competency assessment framework can be used for career development purposes, training and development planning or for pre-programme and project assignment. In addition to our individual role competency assessments, DDLS is also able to consolidate the assessments in order to get an aggregated competency assessment view per role, per department, per programme or per project. Our development service can include the planning and delivery of programme and or project management public courses, customised course development, bespoke training course development and delivery as well as post training coaching and support.
The DDLS Competency and Capability Development Service includes:
- Gathering up specific areas of programme and project management competencies requiring assessment and possible development
- Scoping out the competency assessment effort
- Conducting the competency assessments via various medium, i.e. face-to-face, survey or on-line
- Compiling and analysing competency assessment data
- Production and presentation of programme and or project management competency assessment report with recommendations for further possible development